In addition to the life-changing procedures he delivers in private practice, Dr. Karamanoukian is also a firm advocate of charitable activity. He regularly dedicates his time and expertise to charitable organizations, helping those who are less fortunate.
- Such organizations include:
- Shriner’s Hospital, Los Angeles
- Hope for Tomorrow Foundation
- Scars for Hope: Benefit for Mexican Red Cross Trauma Division
- Scars for Hope: Benefit for Rural Tijuana Village Medical Clinic
- Scars for Hope: Benefit for Hospital General in Tijuana, Mexico
- Sheriff's Youth Foundation - Los Angeles County
- The Doctors Television Show - Earthquake in Haiti
- Irene Dunn Guild; Santa Monica, CA
- Armenia Fund, Water is Life 2010
In September of 2012, Dr. Karamanoukian went on a humanitarian trip to the Central Republic Hospital in Stepanakert, Nagorno Karabakh Republic (NKR). This hospital and community was heavily damaged in the 1990s from war and economic strife. During his trip, Dr. Karamanoukian not only performed surgical procedures, he also donated vital surgical supplies to the hospital so they could continue treating their patients. During his trip, Dr. Karamanoukian met with the President of the NKR, as well as the Deputy Minister of Health of Karabakh. This trip was critical for establishing medical relationships with the NKR and Los Angeles.
This is one example of the countless trips Dr. Karamanoukian has taken to help those in need. With his passion for helping others, charitable activity will always be a part of Dr. Karamanoukian’s career.